Facebook has been quietly testing a few new page designs over the past month, and it looks like they’re finally ready to test on a wider scale.
Many users are beginning to see one of the two new Facebook page updates as of today, which appears to be rolling out on a per-user basis (not a per-page basis). The changes are quite striking. As you can see in the screenshot above, the biggest changes of the version we’re seeing include:
- Moved the profile picture and page name off of the cover photo and into a new column on the left
- Both the profile picture and the cover photo appear to be the same size as before
- If your cover photo had visual cues, such as arrows, it will need to be redone to match the new design
- Call to action button and other buttons moved below cover photo
- Moved tabs from under the cover image into the new left column
- Moved Page info, stats, and About section into new column on the right
- The apps, photos, business reviews, and “Liked by this Page” sections are also in the new right column
- Removed ads from pages
- Added a “search for posts on this Page” feature on the right
If your company doesn’t have time to keep up with social media updates, call Triangle Direct Media today to see how we can help!