Customer loyalty is a holy grail for companies of all sizes. It’s what drives customers to purchase the same products and services from the same brands and firms despite numerous comparable alternatives, and is integral to a business’s sustainability and growth. It’s also why so many advertising dollars and marketing efforts are focused on earning and keeping customer loyalty.
Perhaps even more so than traditional marketing methods, social media is an indispensable tool in building customer loyalty. Here are some proven techniques for increasing loyalty through SM platforms:
- Maintain a regular posting schedule. The average brand should aim to post 3-5 times per week on social media accounts. This number keeps the feed fresh and active without overwhelming subscribers with too many unwanted updates. If you do not have time to maintain this level of activity, consider hiring our team of social media experts to manage your accounts.
- Share content that is useful and interesting. There’s little point in posting content that your customers will simply scroll right past, so make sure you supply information that is both useful and interesting. Tips on how to use or care for your products, previews of new products or upcoming sales, and behind-the-scenes looks at your company are the types of posts that build loyalty.
- Take the initiative to engage with customers and support their social media efforts when possible. Everyone enjoys being acknowledged on social media, so the occasional retweet, comment, favorite, or like of a customer’s post can help foster a positive and lasting relationship. This is especially effective when you take the initiative to engage instead of simply responding to a compliment or complaint.
- Address complaints after careful consideration. Speaking of complaints, you’re bound to get your share if you maintain active social media accounts. While you should never ignore any complaints, take your time in drafting a thoughtful response rather than firing off a defensive retort in the heat of the moment.
- Run contests, promotions, and giveaways. One of the most effective ways to build a loyal social media following is by periodically offering opportunities to win free stuff. Use contests, promotions, and giveaways to generate buzz and excitement about your brand, as well as build your subscriber list and expand your customer base.
The above techniques for building customer loyalty through social media are only the starting point. If you need help implementing these and other online marketing methods, contact Triangle Direct Media today.